TENDER NO. PA/068/NDC/2020/2021/lNV/01
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
CONSTRUCTION OF A MODERN TYRE
MANUFACTURING PLANT AT ARUSHA
1. BACKGROUND: The National Development Corporation ("NDCU) was established as a statutory body by an Act of Parliament in 1962, wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania (ORT), charged with responsibility of promoting economic development in Tanzania in partnership with the private sector. The NDC is mandated by the Government of IJRT to stimulate development of basic industries in Tanzania and to initiate and facilitate development of World Class Industrial infrastructure for sustainable and competitive industrialisation.
Arusha Tyre Manufacturing Plant (known as General Tyre East Africa Limited) is located in Njiro Industrial Area in Arusha Municipality, Northern part of Tanzania. The installed capacity is 320,000 tyres per annum and there is an existing constructed new bay for plant expansion which has not been installed with production facilities. The Plant stopped its operations in 2009 due to lack of financial resources to run the operations/productions of the lyre plant. Following that, the Government of URT mandated NDC to construct a new and Modern Tyre Manufacturing Plant at the same premises in Arusha in partnership with strategic investor(s).
The existing tyre manufacturing plant is old, its technology is outdated and can no longer sustain in the global rnarket competition.
2. OBJECTIVE: the overall objective is to secure an experienced and competent investor (Strategic Partner) in tyre manufacturing industry who has World Renowned Tyre Brand to partner with the NDC on behalf of the Government of Tanzania to establish a new and modern tyre manufacturing plant. The new tyre manufacturing plant will be operated by joint venture company to be formed between the NDC and the Investor.
3. PROJECT OUTLINE AND SCOPE: The NDC intends to pre-qualify competent investor(s) (Strategic Partner(s) to partner with NDC and form a Joint Venture Company which will have the right to:
Carry out feasibility study and environmental and social impact assessment
(ESIA) for establishment of Modern Tyre Manufacturing Plant;
Prepare Business Plan;
Construct a modern Tyre Manufacturing Plant with an assumed capacity of 900,000 tires per annum. The tires will be of different types; and
Operate and maintain the Tyre Manufacturing Plant.
4. INTERESTED investors, must provide information indicating that they are qualified to be strategic partners by submitting a company profile indicating their technical, personnel, managerial and financial capabilities; as well as the experience and past performance in the tyre industry for the past five (5) years. In financial capability, the interested investor(s) is/are required to provide Audited Financial Statements for the past five (5) years. The evaluation criteria for pre-qualifying the Strategic Partner will take into consideration of the above mentioned items.
5. Interested eligible Strategic Partner(s) may obtain further clarification from the office of the Secretary - Tender Board, Development House, Kivukoni Front/Ohio Street, 6"' Floor, P. O. Box 2669, Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA from 09:00 - 16:00 hrs. EAT on Monday to Friday inclusive except on public holidays.
6. Expressions of Interest (Eol) must be submitled in four (4) hard copies (one original plus three copies) including electronic copy and delivered to the address below at or before 14'n May 2021 at 14:00hrs EAT, 6"' Floor, Room No. 605, clearly marked "Expression of Interest for Construcuon of a Modern Tyre Manufacturing Plant at Arusha."
7. Late submission of Expressions of Interest shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
8. The Corporation reserves the right 10 continue or reject the tendering process without giving reason(s) thereof and shall incur no any liability
The Managing Director,
National Development Corporation,
Kivukoni Front/Ohio Street,
P. O. Box 2669, Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
Telephone: +255 22 2112893
Fax: +255 22 2113618